Cook-a-long with the Pedelgenootschap!
|Date||Thursday, March 11, 2021 17:30 until 20:00|
Hello everyone! On the 11th of March at 5:30 PM, the Pedelgenootschap will host an online cook-a-long event to celebrate their 15th anniversary! The Pedelgenootschap will cook a dish on livestream that you can follow step-by-step at home. This is a fun evening in which you can show off your cooking skills while enjoying some drinks with the Pedelgenootschap. Of course, you can pair up with someone to increase the fun. We will be preparing a lasagna and will also provide a vegetarian option. We will make sure to send you an ingredient and drinks list beforehand so you can cook along with us. It is an excellent way to get to know us, meet up with your fellow students, and to cook a nice, ‘healthy’ meal. So, put on your cooking gear, sign up before 11th of March 1:00 PM and join us on the 11th of March! We hope to see you there!
Pedelgenootschap Cook-Along ingredient list for lasagna bolognese for 4 persons
- 1 Onion
- 2 or 3 gloves of Garlic
- 500 gr minced beef (rundergehakt) you can always opt for the vegetarian minced beef swell.
- Italian herbs/spices (basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, a bit of smoked paprika powder)
- Bay-leaf (laurierblad)
- 1 Spanish pepper (by choice)
- 1 can of Tomato puree (140gr)
- 400 grams of diced tomato’s in a can
- 1 package of Tomato Frito (350gr)
- 1 bag of rasped cheese (250 gr)
- 1 package of fresh lasagne leafs
- 500ml Milk (150ml when you are not making the béchamel sauce)
Optional for the béchamel sauce (in my opinion it does make the lasagne even better)
- 50gr butter
- 50 gr flower
- 350 ml milk
- Pepper and Salt
- Oven + Oven Dish (ovenschaal)
- Large frying pan for the bolognese sauce
- Small sauce pan for the béchamel sauce
- Whisker (garde)
- Aluminium foil
If you want to eat this dish as vegan, leave out the milk/ replace it with soy milk and leave out the cheese/ use vegan cheese. And lastly, replace the minced beef by the Vega(teria)n minced beef!
This dish goes really well with a nice red wine (preferably a Cabernet Sauvignon or a merlot) but since we are students, grab a few beers and enjoy them!